Open Choice Project

Rough drafting: (jumpstarts that helped)



Reference Pictures :



 Artist inspiration:                   
Monet was my inspiration for this project because his work with flowers, greenery, and watercolor gave me inspiration. I admire his technique and how everything looks simplistic and calm which is what i wanted for my piece. So, i looked at a few of his pieces and then used that inspiration in the plants and flowers that i have in my pictures to give them the calming look i was going for.  
Final Piece: 

Describe: My piece for the open choice project was meant to be a simple floral scene with various colors. The main focus is in the center with the window sill that has various plants on it. There’s a simple blue background climbing out from behind the window that gives some color without taking away too much from the greenery. I included hanging plants, plants on the window, as well as some plants around the window to give variety and balance. The scene includes very cool tones with hints of warm tones in the pots and flowers. 
Analyze: The piece has balance because of the placement of the plants all around as well as the window being in the center. Along with balance the piece also has variety, because i included different types of plants, pots, and colors. I blended my colors with white and black or lighter and darker shades so that i could create contrast and have different shades of every color. Lastly there’s movement in the hanging plants and leaves falling as well as the blue background growing away from the window. 
Interpret: The meaning or symbol behind this piece is that i incorporated some of my favorite things that have meaning to me. I have always admired flowers and plants as well as the technique for water color. So, with this piece i decided to take all of those aspects as well as some of the colors then inspire me and bring happiness. My goal was to create a calm scene that had my favorite things and i did this using my favorite composition. 
Judge: I think that this piece turned out pretty well. I reached my goal in created a simplistic and happy scene while incorporating everything i wanted to see in the piece. I think many people may also admire the piece because of its bright and happy vibe. Overall i learned new techniques from this and got to experiment with painting new things. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Figure Project- Kolesa

Artists (Current & Master)