Describing My Photograph

Describe: I made this piece using pencils. I first lightly sketched out the outline of my drawing. Then i went in with an HB pencil and added some darker details. For the black areas in my picture i used a 4B pencil to apply the darkest color. Lastly i took either the lightest pencil; 4H or an eraser and added the highlights and white areas. I think the blending is clearly shown in my piece and i used a blending tool to do it. 
Analyze: In my piece i used balance by centering the horse in the middle of the page. I also used movement throughout the fur and fence. Along with emphasis in the dark and bold areas. For the arrangement i considered multiple different positions for the horse. I was influenced by the realism period of art. 
Interpretation: There’s meaning in this piece for me because i decided to draw my own horse. I used my own picture and my ideas developed from looking at multiple different pictures. Then comparing them and drawing the best. So, my piece is about my horse and showing a peaceful setting and a small portion of the horse herself. I wnat the viewers to see and understand what she means to me. 
Judgment: I think throughout the course of this project i definitely identified both my strengths and overall growth. My strengths are probably the beginning sketches of it; finding the position. Along with blending the different shades and tones together. My intentions were to create a very realistic drawing and have a well blended and balanced drawing. I think the piece was successful. However, i would probably add more detail to the background if i was to fix something about it. Overall i think i improved on my detail and i’m proud of the constant detail that i included throughout the piece. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Figure Project- Kolesa

Artists (Current & Master)